So what’s out there?
First up are apps to keep the family occupied on the journey there:
- Baseball Fans – This $3.99 app gives customers access to the latest news, videos, stats, standings and scores for all 30 professional baseball teams so they can catch up on their favorites on the way to spring training sites.
- License Plate Game – This multi-player classic road trip game ($1.49) entertains users as they travel the highways to Florida and Arizona by keeping track of the different license plates that they see while riding as a passenger in a vehicle.
- GoodFood – Restaurants Near You – This free app has an interactive map so users can view restaurants nearby, which they can filter by cuisine or price to find the best place to eat during their trip.
Second up are apps that give users the ability to stay in contact with family and friends and give updates about their adventures:
- Photobucket Mobile Uploader – This $2.99 app automatically saves every action shot and fan photo directly to customers’ Photobucket accounts so they can share their spring training experiences with fellow fans near and far.
- FOX Sports Ultimate – This downloadable sports experience, available for $4.99, features live play by play, breaking news, scores and stats. Fantasy baseball updates also let users keep track of their teams and make trades while checking out the new and veteran talent during spring training.
- WeatherBug – Rain delays don’t always have to ruin the day. For a $2.99 subscription, users can always be informed and prepared with live local weather, severe weather alerts, detailed forecasts and international weather, giving baseball lovers plenty of time to make other plans if games are cancelled.
Last there are apps that help users find stuff to do after the games:
- Baseball Live – When the final strike has been called and the stands have emptied, customers can relive the games with live play by play on the free Pro Baseball Live app. They can also view the latest standings, easily keep track of their favorite teams, and connect to their Facebook® and Google accounts to chat with other fans.
- Bars & Clubs – This free app gives customers turn-by-turn directions to the nearest bars, which they can filter by category, including sports bars, and distance. With so many superstar coaches and players exploring spring training cities, there may even be a chance to buy a drink for a favorite baseball legend.
Time to play ball!