Verizon Wirelss has announced the release of it sfirst Windows 7 phone, the HTC Trophy. Windows Phones are noteworthy for gamers in particualr because they are the only phones that lets users you play games with Xbox LIVE.
“Customers can sync directly with Xbox LIVE mobile to access their avatar, profile and gamer score to keep track of their wins,” it says. “HTC Trophy also allows consumers to play by themselves or challenge friends in turn-based games. In addition to the many mobile gaming features, customers who buy an HTC Trophy before July 15 get a free Xbox 360 console game. Game enthusiasts can choose from Halo: Reach, Kinect Sports and Lode Runner – up to $60 value.”
The HTC Trophy also features the Music + Video Hub, giving users quick access to music and movies on the go. You can also can stream or download millions of songs with a Zune Pass subscription and access over 15,000 quality apps and games in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
Some key specs:
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor
- WVGA 3.8-inch touchscreen
- Surround sound through SRS WOW HD™
- 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 720p HD video capture
- 16 GB on-board storage
- Wi-Fi connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n
- Global ready – allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, with more than 125 with 3G speeds
- HTC Hub-customization through downloadable applications that offer even more entertainment and productivity
- View and edit Microsoft Office® documents, including Excel®, Word® and PowerPoint with the Office Hub and data access on SharePoint® servers
The HTC Trophy will be available online beginning May 26th, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2nd. The HTC Trophy will cost $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.