Verizon Wireless and Sony Ericsson have announced that the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY will be available May 19th. The Xperia PLAY offers mobile gaming along with a fully-featured smartphone.
“Take conference calls, send emails and win football’s biggest game, all on one device,” it says in a press release.
Running Android 2.3, Gingerbread, the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY will seven pre-installed game titles including: Madden NFL 11 (EA Sports), Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior (Digital Legends), Asphalt 6: Adrenaline (Gameloft), The Sims 3 (EA), Star Battalion (Gameloft), Crash Bandicoot (Sony Playstation) and Tetris.
- 1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon II processor with Adreno 205 GPU
- Adobe Flash Player
- 4-inch multi-touch display
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera
- VGA front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
- Support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™, and access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Mobile hotspot capability- share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
The Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY will go on sale online May 19th, and in stores on May 26th for $199.99 with a new two-year customer contract. .
Verizon’s V CAST Apps store will offer more than 50 game titles by the time the Xperia PLAY goes on sale.