Verizon Wireless’ DROID phone by Motorola gives users access to literally thousands of applications via the Android Market. These cool apps help you stay in touch, up to date, entertained, and all while running on of he largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data networks in the country.
To make things easier for Verizon Wireless customer’s sporting the new DROID phone, they’ve added the Verizon Channel in the Android Market so each week people can find some of the most helpful, coolest and popular apps around.
This week, customers can find:
- Weatherbug – With the WeatherBug Mobile app, customers can access live, local weather information and images for thousands of locations; customized maps; daily videos; severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service and much more, all free of charge.
- Platinum Sudoku® – Leave the messy pen and newspaper behind and play 640,000 unique Sudoku grids anywhere. For $2.99, customers can take Sudoku to the next level, tackling five difficulty levels.
- Slacker Radio – Listen to free personalized radio on your mobile phone with Slacker Radio, the best way to discover new artists and hear favorite songs. Customers can choose from more than 100 expert-programmed radio stations from every genre or can create their own custom stations.
- Fast Food Calorie Counter Pro – For just $1.99, customers can keep their diets on track when on the run. The application offers 72 restaurants with 8,858 menu items – each item has nutritional information, including calories, fats, carbs, fiber and protein.
- dxTop: Home Alternative – Customers can make their Android phones more usable and feature-rich with Access Lane’s dxTop (pronounced dex-top). dxTop provides four different screens for applications, widgets, etc. and full theme support, including custom icons and fonts, ringtones, lock screen and dxTop specific themed widgets. dxTop also supports two types of quick access to the phone’s core functions. The app costs $2.99.
- NBA Mini-Bobble LeBron James – Now customers can have LeBron James right in the palms of their hands with the NBA Mini-Bobble LeBron James edition. When customers purchase the application for $1.00, they also get a “limited time only” offer for 15 percent off of their favorite LeBron James merchandise at NBAStore.com.
Motorola’s DROID is currently selling for for $199.99.